Saturday, October 27, 2007

Hernia Surgery

This post will be a little different. Usually we post birthdays, parties and vacations. I have to admit many friends have asked for the more day to day life items. So here is an interesting post. Friday I had to go in to get Hernia Surgery.
We choose Teishin Hospital. It was very convenient that it was about four blocks from Home.



This is my Surgeon Sugayama-sensei and my interpreter Motohashi-san. Sugiyama-sensei spoke good English so he really helped me thru the surgery and anesthesia. Motohashi-san really got us thru the paper work. I really owe them both a big thank you.


Here's what the poly propylene mesh patch looks like that was installed on the inside of my abdomen.




The Hospital lobby



The nurses were all very friendly. The uniforms were interesting.




The whole family after surgery



Amy asked this baby’s mother if she could take a picture. Notice the kanji written on her leg.


The view out my room window.


Dinner (tofu, tea, broccoli, potato and carrots)

This one is for Chris. Just encase you wanted to know the Kanji for Endoscopy


I hate seeing anyone’s name I know on one of these cards (including my own)


Breakfast (soup, salad, tea and milk)


I couldn’t pass up this miss-spelling.


We had to Rock out in the “Rocker Room” for awhile.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you?
Didn't it hurt you?

I read your Blog.
Thank you for your very interesting comments and pictures.

This operative method is said to the best one with less postoperative pain. But a little pain will continue about 1 month.

Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I live in Houston TX, and I was lead to your blog page through your doctor. I enjoyed so much on “Rocker Room” episode. I guess there are lots of similar mistakes, especially when Japanese people talk to you in English, right? It is very very interesting for me who live in the US and has been working at a “Japanese owned US company” with both Japanese and Americans.
I hope you will feel better soon and please forgive me for this sudden access. I could not stop myself from saying something about this Rock and Roll room. By the way, the sign was already fixed, I’ve heard. I wanted to have fun much longer…

Anonymous said...

And, after I posted the above comment, I realized that I made some stupid English mistakes...I feel so bad.

Corey Ducklow said...

Sugiyam-sensie,

It has almost been a week now. My pain is now about what it was before surgery. I am very happy I had this done now instead of waiting untill I returned to the US. Thank you so much.

Corey Ducklow said...

Aranme-san,
Thank you for your comments. I have much respect the Japanese people and there English abilities. Most people have much better English than my Nihon-go. But some mistakes are funny. Earlier in a Nihon-go lesson I was working on my hiragana, and I read benki (toilet seat) instead of genki (good, well). I think that gave my sensei a good laugh.

Don’t worry about your spelling it is probably better than mine.

Anonymous said...

Corey-san

Thank you for your kind words on my horrible spelling.

I have lived in Houston for over 16 years since 91, and I still can not pronounce some words correctly, such as "Footlocker" and "Fuddrucker".

People around me don't understand which way I want to go, to buy shoes or to eat.

I think you already figured out that I am 100% Japanese. Please ask Dr. Sugiyama who I am.

Hope you will gain your strength back shortly.

It is a little early, but
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!