Thursday, January 03, 2008

Morning Bike Ride

The realization that our time in Japan is limited is starting to sink in. I decided to take a camera on my morning bike ride. I find it a challenge to climb the hills near our apartment. One of the closest hills has the Futabayama Peace Pagoda at the top. It takes me about 25 minutes to climb it by bike (and a 5 min to go home). Today I took my time returning home and took pictures of the sites along the way. After a year and a half of living here it is very easy to take for granted the sites we see every day. I hope these pictures can preserve the memories.




My toy. (I think the old Cannondale has been getting jealous).


Our home….. Hiroshima.


The Cemetery is located just below the shrine.





Just one of the roads that lead up the hill.


A new house being constructed.





The Toshogu Shrine. I think if you wanted some real exercise you could play “Rocky”. Since tomorrow is New Years Eve the shrines are all getting decorated. I think New Years is the busiest day of the year.





The Tsuruhana Shrine





The Myojoin Temple.


No comments: