Monday, January 28, 2008

Okonomiyaki Lesson

Ami-sense and her mother Ikeda-san came over to give lessons in making Okonomiyaki. Ed and Kristi, friends and other students of Ami-sense enjoyed the lesson with us. Okonomiyaki is the most famous food from Hiroshima. Locally, the ingredients are layered rather than mixed together. The layers are typically batter, cabbage, pork, noodles (soba, udon), topped with a fried egg and Okonomiyaki sauce.

Ikeda-san showing Kristi


The all important flip. I think Nathan made everyone a little nervous (but he had great confidence).


The fried egg.


Ed enjoying a serving.





Post dinner wrestling with Ed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long time no see.
Okonomiyaki is very tasty in Hiroshima, isn't it?
I am very happy to see that you are fine after the hernia operation. Doesn't the wound smart?
Can you ski or do other sports without pain around the wound?
I want to know how the patients feel several month after surgery.
Please tell me how you feel now.

Corey Ducklow said...

Sugiyama-sensi,
Thank you very much for your follow up. The wound has given me no trouble at all. I have been able to Snowboard, bike and run without any problems. It is every bit as good as it was befor surgery.

The only comment I would have is, occasionally my lower back is sore where the epidural was administered. It is very minor and is slowly getting better. It does not slow me down at all.

Thank you very much!!

-Corey